Dual Enrollment provides an opportunity for qualified high school students to earn college credit while working towards their high school diploma. High school credit may or may not be granted according to the discretion of the participating student's high school. Dual enrollment affords students educational advancement in specific areas where unusual ability and interest are displayed, especially in courses and academic areas not available in the student's high school. Note: Some colleges/universities will not accept college credit for college courses used to meet high school graduation requirements.
Students are responsible for registering for their classes. This is not done by Lansing Community College or the student's high school. Students are also responsible for dropping unwanted classes and being aware of the refund deadlines.
Do not depend on being dropped for non-payment or non-attendance to avoid outstanding balances or failing grades.
Eligibility Requirements for High School Dual Enrollment
- Be working toward high school graduation requirements
- Have completed the 8th grade by the first day of the semester attending classes at LCC
High School Dual Enrollment
- Qualifying students must complete and submit a Lansing Community College admission application (first semester of attendance only).
- High school and home schooled students are required to complete and submit the PDF File High School Dual Enrollment Approval Form. A completed approval form must be submitted for each semester of enrollment prior to registering for classes. Approval for multiple semesters up to an entire academic year (fall, spring, and summer) may be provided on one form by indicating all three semesters on the form.
- Submit the Approval Form to the LCC Registrar's Office prior to registering for class(es). The form may be submitted by email, U.S. mail or in person at the StarZone in the Gannon Building (addresses are provided on the form). Allow a minimum of 3 business days for processing. Incomplete or incorrectly completed forms may take longer.
- Complete the Release of Information form, which is located at the Registrar’s Forms page and select the Release of Information form. This form is completed entirely online.
To ensure a higher level of security for our student’s, the Release of Information
form is requiring students to provide their designees’:
- Full Name (first, middle initial, and last)
- Relationship to the Student
- Date of Birth
- A student selected 5 number/letter Pin – should be the same for each designee
- Establish Reading, Writing and Math levels. Visit testing services for more information about options for establishing placement levels.
- Register online for classes. Contact the LCC Registrar's Office or StarZone for assistance with registration.
- If the student's high school is to be billed for the courses taken, a
PDF File Dual Enrollment Billing Authorization or
PDF File Non-Public Dual Enrollment Billing Authorization must be on file prior to the student's payment due date. Billing forms must be submitted
every semester of dual enrollment. If the high school is only paying a portion of
the total bill, the student must pay the remaining balance before registering for
classes for a subsequent semester or by the end of the semester for which they are
Note: Home school students are eligible for funding only if they are enrolled in a minimum of one class at a public high school or state approved non-public high school.